registry cleaner

Garthyy 10:49 08 Nov 05

Are there any free cleaners that are safe and good? My machine is slowing down and nothing else has helped. tia

Cesare 11:01 08 Nov 05

I use RegScrubXP and I find it very good.

Diodorus Siculus 11:04 08 Nov 05

CCleaner from click here

Also be sure to defrag, remove unwanted programs, check the disk for errors etc.

When you say nothing else has helped, what you have tried? Also give some info on your machine specification etc.

rawprawn 11:04 08 Nov 05

click here I recomend Regseeker, thorough but not aggressive with auto backup.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:05 08 Nov 05

click here and Regseeker from click here Use both and delete all they find. This *should* speed up the computer. You could also do a virus scan and a scan with MS Antispy click here as worms/adaware and Trojans can slow up a system.

G

gudgulf 11:10 08 Nov 05

RegSeeker click here

Ccleaner click here

Both excellent........Ccleaner's "Issues" registry cleaner is suitable for frequent use and RegSeeker is more thorough but still safe.Both will create a backup of items removed.....which I,ve not needed to use in the last 18 months.

If your machine is slowing down you need to check on your RAM memory usage....too many background programs or not enough RAM installed wiil noticabley slow your computer down.

Garthyy 11:18 08 Nov 05

I've taken off all unwanted programs, run anti spyware & anti virus checks weekly, and defrag at least monthly. I have XP, 120gb hdd 69 gb free, 1gb ram, 3.06 cpu intel, 128mb ati graphics card.

Garthyy 11:22 08 Nov 05

still have 540mb ram free

Garthyy 11:34 08 Nov 05

I'll give them a go. Always been wary of these things but I suppose it had to happen.

ACOLYTE 11:36 08 Nov 05

Make sure if you have any cookies,that you want to keep IE: password cookies for this siteor others that you add them to the exclusions list or it will delete them,it's not a big deal but can be an hassle if you cant remember your details,lol.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:54 08 Nov 05

You will be safe with Ccleaner and Regseeker.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…