Registry Cleaner

Does anyone know of a decent free registry cleaner,not a demo but the full version?

VoG II 21:40 29 May 04

click here for 2000/XP.

Graham ® 21:43 29 May 04
  Audeal 21:54 29 May 04

CleanUp. All versions.
click here

GaT7 22:02 29 May 04

RegSeeker - click here

Doogie Howser 22:14 29 May 04

Not so sure about Regseeker. I've been using it for about a month now on both laptop and desktop and have had some slightly odd behaviour on both machines - nothing major but I've made extra sure everythings backed up. I may just be being paranoid but I'm sure I read someone else saying they thought it was responsible for some mischief.

VoG II 22:17 29 May 04

I have to agree with you. I have this program but have not used it for a while. I had some strange happenings that may have been due to using it.

christmascracker 22:24 29 May 04

Me too. Nothing too serious but after using it I could no longer search for files and folders from within Works.Needless to say I don't use it anymore

GaT7 22:31 29 May 04

Hmm... thanks for the info Doogie Howser, VoG™ & christmascracker. I've never had any problems with it.

As you well know, no registry cleaner is perfect. I've used a few & they all occasionally want to remove things that are useful, or repair corruptions their own [incorrect] way. Because of this I always double-check before letting them make any changes.

In any case, it's always a good idea to backup one's registry before use, or at least, use a cleaner that will store backups that are easily restorable in case of problems. G

selhurst 23:49 29 May 04

I have just installed this and have used it with no ill effects. It's very comprehensive and for anyone who feels apprehensive about using registry cleaners there's a one button fix which makes all the decisions for you. It will not delete any keys which are vital to the windows operating system,it also backs up the registry, so any changes can be reversed in case of any problems you may encounter after using it.

dagwoood 02:13 30 May 04

This software contains spyware/adware as per the below link. See the editors note.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…