Registry Clean

newilliamson 18:56 PM 26 Feb 13

I have been informed today from my router website that I have over 2,600 errors/faults in my registry going back three they state shown in the 'Event viewer,event20227,RasClient file'. Are you able to tell me what this actually means,please and what I need to do to rectify. I am a PC Advisor suscriber and have bween for betqween fifteen and twenty years.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:13 PM 26 Feb 13

In Windows, when you put the computer into standby while it is using a connection, the computer goes into standby before the dial-up connection can be completely disconnected. Therefore, the disconnection process is complete only after the computer resumes from standby

Ie. nothing to worry about

Don't be frightened into downloading a dodgy reg cleaner that may do more harm than good.

The Registry tool in CCleaner is the only one I recommend as it doesn't do any harm and is the safest I know after using several over the years

Click on Registry Scan for issues - Fix selected issues - Fix all issues

do this a few times until it sops finding anything.

finerty 19:52 PM 26 Feb 13

U can download ccleaner from file hippo dot com, iuse it quite often but be warned it will delete your history of your web browser

Pine Man 08:41 AM 27 Feb 13

'be warned it will delete your history of your web browser'

Only if you don't set it up correctly!

spuds 11:10 AM 27 Feb 13

I use a number of 'registry cleaners' mainly for experimental purposes (which is not for the faint hearted), but I would also suggest CCleaner as a good and reasonably addition for computer 'clean-ups'.

Perhaps also worth a mention, trying various 'clean-up' programs, might lead to what is called 'false/positives' depending on the program and updates. So in actual fact, you might have 'problems' that are or not actually there. So some caution is required?.

Woolwell 12:50 PM 27 Feb 13

If your pc is running satisfactorily then I would ignore your router's website. CCleaner as suggested is the only one I would use but I prefer the official site CCleaner for downloads.

wee eddie 12:51 PM 27 Feb 13

Your first posting suggests to me, that this information came from a Pop-up. More than likely this is Scareware

If so, ignore it and run Malwarebytes.

alanrwood 12:52 PM 27 Feb 13

You can also get the Ccleaner enhancer which adds a lot more options and programs that it can clean.

newilliamson 17:29 PM 04 Mar 13

Dear all contributors,

Thank you all very much for your advice given which all followed the same pathway.

I have done what advised and it has had a positive result with my computer.

Again, thank you.

Kind regards,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know