Registry Clean

newilliamson 18:56 PM 26 Feb 13

I have been informed today from my router website that I have over 2,600 errors/faults in my registry going back three years.ie.As they state shown in the 'Event viewer,event20227,RasClient file'. Are you able to tell me what this actually means,please and what I need to do to rectify. I am a PC Advisor suscriber and have bween for betqween fifteen and twenty years.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:13 PM 26 Feb 13

In Windows, when you put the computer into standby while it is using a connection, the computer goes into standby before the dial-up connection can be completely disconnected. Therefore, the disconnection process is complete only after the computer resumes from standby

Ie. nothing to worry about

Don't be frightened into downloading a dodgy reg cleaner that may do more harm than good.

The Registry tool in CCleaner is the only one I recommend as it doesn't do any harm and is the safest I know after using several over the years

Click on Registry Scan for issues - Fix selected issues - Fix all issues

do this a few times until it sops finding anything.

finerty 19:52 PM 26 Feb 13

U can download ccleaner from file hippo dot com, iuse it quite often but be warned it will delete your history of your web browser

Pine Man 08:41 AM 27 Feb 13

'be warned it will delete your history of your web browser'

Only if you don't set it up correctly!

spuds 11:10 AM 27 Feb 13

I use a number of 'registry cleaners' mainly for experimental purposes (which is not for the faint hearted), but I would also suggest CCleaner as a good and reasonably addition for computer 'clean-ups'.

Perhaps also worth a mention, trying various 'clean-up' programs, might lead to what is called 'false/positives' depending on the program and updates. So in actual fact, you might have 'problems' that are or not actually there. So some caution is required?.

Woolwell 12:50 PM 27 Feb 13

If your pc is running satisfactorily then I would ignore your router's website. CCleaner as suggested is the only one I would use but I prefer the official site CCleaner for downloads.

wee eddie 12:51 PM 27 Feb 13

Your first posting suggests to me, that this information came from a Pop-up. More than likely this is Scareware

If so, ignore it and run Malwarebytes.

alanrwood 12:52 PM 27 Feb 13

You can also get the Ccleaner enhancer which adds a lot more options and programs that it can clean.

newilliamson 17:29 PM 04 Mar 13

Dear all contributors,

Thank you all very much for your advice given which all followed the same pathway.

I have done what advised and it has had a positive result with my computer.

Again, thank you.

Kind regards,

Norker.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone