Registry change...Aarrghhh!

sorefingers 00:47 14 Mar 03

I need to go into my registry settings (XP home) to disable the password caching (so I've been told!)...because I have to enter a password in Outlook Express every time it opens. I've never done this!!..should I download Tweakui XP and let that do it?...will it do it??

Thanks for any help

temp003 02:12 14 Mar 03

I don't know whether disabling (or enabling) password caching is your solution.

click here for instructions on disabling password caching.

If your problem is OE does not seem to remember your password, and so every time you have to re-enter it, there is an article on that as well. click here

Don't know if any of them is the solution you want. But remember to follow the instructions to back up the registry key you're going to change first before making any changes. Make sure the key is highlighted when you choose to export the registry key.

To restore the backed up registry key, right click the .reg file and select Merge.

Also, create a restore point before you do anything, as an additional safeguard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…