Registry backup confusion

krislas 13:50 28 Oct 03

I was recently reading about the importance of creating registry backups, and found instructions on how to do this. I then further read how windows, post 98, creates a registry backup every day, and found instructions on how to restore the registry to a previous state. My first question then is, why would I need to make a seperate backup if I can revert the registry quite easily; my second question is, once I have my registry backup safe on a CD, what do I do with it if things go wrong?

rawprawn 14:46 28 Oct 03

It's true system restore will get back most things and cure most problems, but sometimes ???? Export your registry to a cd, and update it regularly. If you crash or get corrupted for whatever reason put your CD in the drive click on the registry backup file & it will ask you if you want to overwrite the registry click yes & you will be back to where you last backed up the registry automatically

krislas 12:39 29 Oct 03

Rawprawn,

Thanks very much for that. I will export to a CD, now that I know what to do with it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…