//some 3rd party need geo

Registry Backup

Brazils 22:04 25 Sep 04

Just a thought, with XP are there any advantages/disadvantages using a system restore point rather than exporting the registry from within regedit?

I am only concerned about protecting my registry before using a cleaner.

VoG II 22:21 25 Sep 04

I think backing up the registry is better:

1. If you restore the registry to a previous setting, that is all you are doing. System Restore may alter other settings etc. that you do not want to change.

2. System Restore can be a bit temperamental - you cannot be sure that it will actually restore.

Brazils 22:28 25 Sep 04

Thanks. I'll take your advice.

I've never been totally sure what system restore does, or doesn't do, when I've used it!

Does it role back the complete registry?

VoG II 22:33 25 Sep 04

As far as I know, System Restore replaces the current registry with the one that existed when the restore point was created. So, yes, I believe that it rolls it back completely.

Dan the Confused 22:41 25 Sep 04

Lots of info click here

Brazils 21:34 17 Oct 04

If I backup the registry, using export in Regedit, does that backup the complete registry for all users? I have four accounts on the PC.

Carafaraday 22:25 17 Oct 04

^

Brazils 19:28 18 Oct 04

?

Carafaraday 08:43 19 Oct 04

Sorry, the wee mark was just to 'bookmark' this post for my postings as I was interested in the topic - it also pushed the post up to the top of the list again in the hope of getting more input.

Brazils 08:57 19 Oct 04

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…