registry...

.:?:. 23:46 12 Jul 06

I've just scanned my registry using registry mechanic and apparently I have 358 problems!!!

That seems quite a lot to me.

I want to back-up the registry first, but can't remember how.

Thanks

Kev.Ifty 23:51 12 Jul 06

Click Start, and then click Run.
type regedit, and then click OK

In the File menu, click Export.

MAJ 23:52 12 Jul 06

If you aren't having any specific problems, leave well alone. If you are having problems: what are they? Also let us know which operating system you're using, .:?:..

.:?:. 23:52 12 Jul 06

thanks.

I couldn't remember the 'regedit' bit lol

.:?:. 23:53 12 Jul 06

I am XP pro SP2.

My main problem is I cannot install wmp11 again. I once installed it and want it back again but can't seem to re-install it.

MAJ 00:00 13 Jul 06

What happens when you try to re-install WMP11? Do you get any error messages?

.:?:. 00:12 13 Jul 06

I get no error messages, it just says at the end, windows media player could not be installed, and for me to get 'web help'.

I cannot find anything that does help me, and I also removed it all how it should be done according to microsoft.

MAJ 00:23 13 Jul 06

Windows Media Player 11 is still in Beta so it could be a bug, but have you tried the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility click here ? Download and install it (the download link is about ΒΌ way down that page), see if WMP11 is listed in it's list of installed programs, if it is, select WMP11 (nothing else) and click the "Remove" button. Then see if you can reinstall it afresh.

.:?:. 00:28 13 Jul 06

It is not on the list.

Any other ideas?

thanks

MAJ 00:38 13 Jul 06

The only other thing I can think of is to do a system restore to a date before you originally installed WMP11, .:?:., see if that cures the problem. If not then go ahead and try Registry Mechanic after backing up the registry.

johnshaw 09:05 13 Jul 06

I used a tool called CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner and it has the full registry backup and restore function. You may give it a try.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…