Registery cleaner

rob3600 11:47 11 Oct 08

Can someone recommand a good registery cleaner, I have used regcure in the past however, evertime I ran this it deleted some of my printer software. Also do you really need to have a registery cleaner at all, does it do any good? Thanks in advance

chub_tor 11:53 11 Oct 08

CCleaner click here does double duty as a registry cleaner and a general file cleaner. Used by many forum members and known as being safe.

Halmer 11:54 11 Oct 08

unless you have specific problems there is no real benefit in running a registry cleaner.

I've used them in the past and they have caused harm without any noticeable benefit at all. Others may disagree.

I ran Regcleaner and Regscrub selectively which are supposed to be the least aggressive ones. Like you it shafted my HP printer so I've never used one since.

provider 2 11:58 11 Oct 08

There are lots of wildly different opinions on this, some saying leave it alone you will only damage your OS for very little gain in performance, and others saying it`s good idea and if done regularly but infrequently it will keep things humming along nicely.

Perhaps the best idea is that if you must clean the registry, then use a prog that isn`t too aggressive such as the reg cleaner option in Ccleaner (with prompted back-up) or Eusing Reg Cleaner if you are a bit more confident ... it goes at a remarkable speed!

One of those things you must decide for yourelf and, of course, take the responsibility if anything goes wrong.

birdface 12:09 11 Oct 08

Winaso Optimizer.[free]It will only repair 10 items at a time but you can run it as often as you like.It also does an automatic backup and has various other features. click here

rawprawn 12:44 11 Oct 08

I agree with buteman, I even believe it's worth buying.

cocteau48 13:05 11 Oct 08

I would also recommend using Revouninstaller:
click here
...its relevance here is that it will remove the registry entries of programs which you are uninstalling and which would normally be left behind by the programs own uninstaller - thereby avoiding the need to run a dedicated registry cleaner to get rid of them.

DieSse 13:07 11 Oct 08

I've been using Wise Registry Cleaner for some time - with two different HP printers, including an All-in-One with the usual HP humungous software.

It's worked fine for me - as does the Wise Disk Cleaner (which is even more important than cleaning the registry.)

click here

rickf 14:52 11 Oct 08

I use this one and it's easy and efficient for me.
click here

alexartox 11:47 28 Apr 09

Try these free registry cleaners:

>> click here <<

Most of the time, free registry cleaners will do the job, I will only purchase when a registry cleaner has more features than the free version...

Stuartli 16:21 28 Apr 09

>>I will only purchase when a registry cleaner has more features than the free version...>>

There would be no point in seeking payment for a product that didn't do more than the free version...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017