Registering DECT phones to handsets

Spock1958 13:23 29 Mar 05

I have just acquired a NTL VS100 DECT phone (but it could be any phone really). There is an information sheet with it saying words to the effect "This phone cannot be registered to another base unit, and additional phones cannot be registered to this base unit." Now maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick, but isn't this exactly what DECT phones ARE supposed to do? This suggests requiring an individual wall socket for each phone.

Yoda Knight 13:50 29 Mar 05

Google it

Spock1958 13:54 29 Mar 05

I've been googling for over an hour. There is nothing in any technical blurb to suggest there are any different levels of 'dect'ness, nor does the sales blurb for this model suggest it cannot do what I expect it to do. Hence the need for this post.

Yoda Knight 14:08 29 Mar 05

click here might provide sum insite

Confab 14:32 29 Mar 05

If your DECT phone is GAP compliant then it should work with any other GAP compliant DECT phone. If yours is not, and some are not, then it will only work with the same make of phone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…