Registering for Acronis PE and True Image

Jester2K 14:01 04 Feb 04

Following the instructions for registering the Free versions of Part Expert and True Image is find that the given links do not work...

For both www. acronis .com /mag/pcadvisor-ape and www. acronis .com/mag/pcadvisor-uk-tid

i get

Error in request

Requested document in address www. acronis .com/mag/pcadvisor-ape, however section www. acronis .com/mag may contain the required document.

Is this temporary?

This occurs in both IE 6 and Avant Browser.

Big Elf 14:09 04 Feb 04

I suspect that the free programs are a limited option and withdrawn after a certain period of time. I couldn't find the link a couple of months ago for the free version I got from another magazine.

Chegs ® 14:10 04 Feb 04

Tried getting to www acronis.com/mag but the page is taking over five minutes to load,and after this wait,it just doesn't complete.

Jester2K 14:10 04 Feb 04

The magazine only popped through my door this weekend!

Rusty 14:12 04 Feb 04

Have had the same message as Jester2K, but as this is the current PCA disc don't thinl it is Big Elf's answer. Perhaps PCA staff can sort this one.

rawprawn 14:14 04 Feb 04

I had the same problem with Partition expert.I really must give up trying to load free programs on PCA discs even if I only want to try them out. My success rate is about 25%

Big Elf 14:22 04 Feb 04

Oh!

RickyC :-) 15:00 04 Feb 04

In order for the link to work, you need to ensure that the address is partially typed in upper case, as follows.
I've left spaces to illustrate the difference, if in doubt please click on the 'click here' links:

Acronis PartitionExpert

http:// www. acronis. com/ mag/ PCAdvisor-APE / or click here

TrueImageDeluxe http:// www. acronis. com/ mag/ PCAdvisor-UK-TID / or click here

Most readers will be able to click on the links direct from the cover disc menu screens, those without IE or a default browser application may need to type the url in themselves, or click on the links above.

Many thanks

Richard Clooke

CD Editor

Jester2K 15:00 04 Feb 04

Hmmm well i don't really need the True Image or Partition Expert (i use Seagates own "Seatools" for this...) but was just curious....

Jester2K 15:06 04 Feb 04

Richard Clooke - CD Editor

Thank you. Done now...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5