Regional Settings Problem, need help

SDJ 10:45 06 May 04

I have been given a machine that needs its "short date format" changed from dd/MM/yyyy to dd/MM/yy but for some reason whenever I try this it says an illegal character has been found.

I have even tried to change the regional settings to English (South Africa) in an attempt to change the date and time formats completely reboot and then change it beack to English (UK) but XP wont even let me change it to English (SA) in the first place.
I select it from the drop down, click Apply and OK but it reverts back to the original.

I really need to get this sorted asap and would be most grateful of any suggestions.

Thanks
Steve

SDJ 11:30 06 May 04

It says that sometimes this can happen when the registry string is missing or damaged.
Tells me to look at HKEY_CURRENT USER\Control Panel.
The article applies to Win95 but I have checked an XP pro machine and the string is there, but on my XP home machine there isnt even a folder for International within ....._USER\Control Panel!!!

Can I import the international folder from my XP pro machine to the XP home machine?
Surely the XP Home machine should have this within the registry?

SDJ 12:07 06 May 04

half the registry is missing so im off to do a format and reinstall!

Cheers

johnnyrocker 12:08 06 May 04

system restore?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…