Regional Settings

ptrainor 09:41 27 Apr 04

Hi,
I am Subject Leader for ICT and Network Manager at a large secondary school in Surrey

The problem I am trying to solve is that NT keeps defaulting to US settings for all our
workstations when a new user logs on.

This problem is very annoying because we have a large number of Administrator Staff who use SIMS ( School Information Management System – used in nearly about 90% of school for students records ) and this program requires the dates and input locale to the in United Kingdom English. Whilst this group do have access ( students do not
access to the control panel) they have to change the settings every time they logon. This means, to correct the problem they are actually changing the registry setting for current user on local machine. As, I said this is not a problem but they are frustrated by having to change the regional settings every time they logon – most of their pcs run XP although a few are NT 4.

They all have a roaming profile – essential in this environment – and I belive that this takes preference when the machines settings are established. I have checked within the Sytems Policy Editor but can see no feature relating to regional settings. The PDC is a Windows NT 4 Server - although we do have a Windows 2003 BDC that has shared network resources on it – it is another story. The sever all show settings in Uk English

I believe that I must change the common .adm on the server but this file has no reference to control panel regional setting.

The Regional Settings control panel page has a 'Set as System Default
locale' option but this appears to have no effect.

Any ideas how I can ensure that any changes to the registry on the local machine will be permanent or how I can change things on the server so that UK ENGLISH Regional settings run out to all pc’s

Any Info appreciated.

Regards
Paul Trainor
Head of ICT
All Hallows Catholic School,
Surrey

AndySD 12:05 27 Apr 04

hopefully someone will be able to help but you may also want to post the question on the forums click here

vinnyT 14:31 27 Apr 04

I think I read in a mag that some settings have to be applied for each user, if not they defer to default (in this case US), I may be wrong as I don't xp, so can't check for sure. At least bumps your query up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…