Regional Options

AndySD 21:38 09 Sep 03

Hi All

Its not often I ask a question.... so here goes.

Windows XP Pro SP1

A Friends son installed "Chinese, Japanese and Korean (CJK) languages" in Regional Options in Regional and Language Options. 200 mb

click here half way down the page.

Now does anyone know how to remove all of it? Just unticking it does not do this. As I seem to have developed a mental block today.

Andy

Ironman556 23:19 09 Sep 03

I'm sure I remember extra languages appearing there in 98SE when I installed extra language packs with IE6

AndySD 23:24 09 Sep 03

Unfortunatly its not there in XP.... :-((

Djohn 23:35 09 Sep 03

Hi Andy, not sure if this is the correct procedure, but on doing a search for removal of languages, I found the following. j.

Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
On the Advanced tab, under Code page conversion tables, do any of the following:
Select the check box next to the code page conversion table that you want to install.

Clear the check box next to the code page conversion table you want to remove.
Click OK or Apply to apply your changes.

Notes

To open Regional and Language Options, click Start, click Control Panel, click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click Regional and Language Options.

Many older programs are written using non-Unicode characters. To properly view those programs, you must have the appropriate code page conversion table installed so that Windows can properly map the characters used by that program to the Unicode characters recognized by Windows.

AndySD 23:38 09 Sep 03

Thanks Djohn I will try it in the morning and report back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…