Region 1 dvds

hector710 12:43 24 Nov 04

I play region 1 dvds on my multi region DVD player, but sometimes want to play them on my cd\dvd drive. The problem is that my program, PowerDVD only lets me change regions a certain number of times. Is there any way round this?
Could I, for example, install another dvd playing program, and set it to region 1, while Power dvd is set to region2?

Steven W 12:55 24 Nov 04

The region lock is usually set in the DVD drive itself so this won't work as far as i know.

JIM 12:58 24 Nov 04

You may find it is the type of dvd drive, that is setting the rules and regions.Not the powerdvd software. This when finaly set for a region (say 2) on player would not change even if installed on an other machine etc.

powerless 13:00 24 Nov 04

If you have the room get another dvd-rom drive.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:56 24 Nov 04

There are a number of programme both free and paid that can set your computer DVD player to region free. I'm sure that someone on here will be able to direct you to them.

G

TomJerry 14:05 24 Nov 04

!

jimv7 14:06 24 Nov 04

Region free click here

Noelg23 14:37 24 Nov 04

like jimv says get a program called Region Free.

pj123 14:56 24 Nov 04

I have tried Region Free from dvdidle but it didn't work with my PC based LG multi format DVD Rewriter.

I assume it only works with a few models?

jimv7 15:19 24 Nov 04

you could always try a firmware update for your dvd click here

remember that if it is done incorrectly you can damage your dvd.

TomJerry 15:35 24 Nov 04

Region Free only change software, not hardware locking.

There is something available which does not involve DVD rom hacking (invilidate warrenty).

there is google for everything

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…