regedit

sincs 20:02 17 Apr 04

hi comrades still having trouble bringing regedit up and msconfig i am tempted to reinstall//////

ade.h 20:24 17 Apr 04

I assume you mean the Run command is not working; do any other commands work in it?

hugh-265156 20:25 17 Apr 04

can you explain exactly what happens or give us a link to a previous thread etc please?

VoG II 20:26 17 Apr 04

PLease can you either post a link to your previous post on this (I presume there is one) or fully describe your problem. Presumably you've had a virus - which one?

temp003 08:03 18 Apr 04

click here for previous thread.

Have you updated virus defs and done a complete scan?

If that didn't help, you can try HijackThis click here

Download and put HijackThis.exe in a folder somewhere on your computer. Double click HijackThis.exe. Click Scan. Then click Save Log, then copy and paste the contents of the log file here. That may help find the culprit virus files and registry entries.

lamda 11:22 18 Apr 04

into my postings

cycoze 11:40 18 Apr 04

A couple of pages that might help , list of virus that can do this click here , and a similar problem click here .

cycoze 20:53 18 Apr 04

Can you tell us what worked please so everyone knows for future reference.

sincs 15:50 19 Apr 04

could any one help when i type 105.4 century radio in browser the station comes up but i can not acess to listen live radio from them i am using windows media as requested/////////

temp003 16:01 19 Apr 04

It would be nice if you could answer cycoze's question first (even if you did not find any of our suggestions useful), if you want others to help you with your new question.

cycoze 19:09 24 Apr 04

Date: Sat, 24/04/2004 | 11:00

hi mate sorry for not replying been busy yeah did a full system scan found virus then deleted in to registry virus was winsock driver under run in registry thanks for your help ////////////

And

Date: Mon, 19/04/2004 | 15:54

yes thanks comrades it was a back door virus installed in my ??????? registry once again thanks for all your info it was very helpful.

I received the above emails today , thank`s sincs for letting us know .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…