regedit

sincs 19:59 09 Apr 04

hello collegues could anyone of u help me get my registry back up and also msconfig i click run type regedit nothing comes up please any advice///////

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:05 09 Apr 04

click here and drill down to 173

Youm should also do an online virus scan as this can be caused by a virus.......click here

G

lamda 22:08 09 Apr 04

into my postings

temp003 06:29 10 Apr 04

Agree with Gandalf. Quite likely a virus if you're having the same problem with regedit and msconfig.

Try Task Manager too to see if it suffers from the same problem.

Do a virus scan and hope it can sort it out for you.

In the meantime, if you need to use any of these applications, try making a copy of each of the exe files and renaming the copy with a .com file extension.

REGEDIT should be in C:\WINDOWS\REGEDIT.EXE.

msconfig.exe should be in C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe

Task Manager should be C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe

Make a copy of each of them in their own folder, and rename the copy to regedit.com and so on. Then double click the .com file to use the application. These applications may also be needed in getting rid of the virus itself if the antivirus doesn't pick it up.

sincs 18:39 10 Apr 04

thanks collegues for your help i get the registry up but it dissappears in 2 secs as though it could be a setting fault any new ideas would be welcome thanks//////

VoG II 18:40 10 Apr 04

This does sound like a virus (that has changed a setting). Try running Stinger click here

woodchip 18:45 10 Apr 04

You could also try SFC from the Run box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…