Is RegClean any good?

vienna1981 13:37 01 Oct 03

I noticed it in the downloads section and was thinking of downloading it as i probably have a lot of unused keys, etc but i wanted to know if it is any good or if there are better free utilities that do the same job? Thanks in advance.

leo49 13:48 01 Oct 03

This program was written by some MS bods in their spare time and was unsupported by Microsoft[as far as I'm aware that is still the situation].Recommended by many sites NOT to be used with XP.

RegcleanER - a forerunner and component of jv16Powertools[now sadly no longer free] is a much safer and better proposition.

Belatucadrus 17:27 01 Oct 03

click here for the old free version of JV16

click here for RegscrubXP

as400man 18:31 01 Oct 03

I've used this with XP for nearly a year and it seems to do a good job. I use it regularly and it finds only a few errors but when I first used it after messing about getting XP working as I wanted it found plenty of invalid registry entries. Try it, it won't do any harm in my experience.
Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…