Reg Seeker

loopyloo 17:25 10 Feb 04

I have downloaded the above and want some help. I can use this program as a zip file and have to keep unzipping it to open the program. For some reason I just cannot open the program as normal. I can't even set a desktop icon to open. Also why does this program not show in add remove programs or in windows exployrer. I can use this program but to get into it is very long winded. Has anyone else had this problem.

Valvegrid 17:35 10 Feb 04

I have this program. If you make a new folder and extract the program to it and run it from there. You won't find it in add/remove because it doesn't actually install itself on your system, it runs directly from the exe file, make a shortcut to put onto the desktop. I don't use it now because it remove certain reg entries that I wanted, so I had to reinstall the effected programs, so be careful.

Valvegrid 17:38 10 Feb 04

Sorry, wrong word, effected = affected :-)

loopyloo 13:09 11 Feb 04

Thank you for the information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…