reg cleaner issues

pureepaul 20:18 19 Sep 07

i recently installed a reg cleaner and was wondering what empty registry keys are and is it o.k to simply press "fix" and then expect everything to be fine and dandy, are indeed reg cleaners a good idea for beginners ? any advice to put my mind at ease appreciated.

brundle 22:58 19 Sep 07

If you have a specific issue your with PC registry cleaners are not the first thing to try. Having said that, any decent software will have a backup facility - if it doesn't uninstall it and get something that does; click here)

Apply any changes recommended, and save a backup, if your machine works better great, if not, restore using the backup.

Acx 23:14 19 Sep 07

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near the registry unless I had a problem (if its not broken e.t.c.).

Cleaning them was useful when computers came with 1gb hard drives, now I never bother with a dedicated reg-cleaner. ccleaner is all you need to start.

birdface 10:54 20 Sep 07

You could try Winaso Optimizer trial edition.click here it only clears 10 items at a time, but you can run it as often as you like.It also does a back up which i have never needed to use,And also has a registry Defrag on it if you want to use it.its a great program and will make your computer run faster.And to answer your Question empty registry keys is just what it says there is nothing in them so can be deleted.

pureepaul 20:11 22 Sep 07

just to say thanks for your help, i think i'm a bit more comfortable with this issue now.

supertechgeek 08:26 08 Apr 08

If you want better result, download and use few registry cleaners, check out this list of free registry cleaners => click here

JasonZBell 03:34 06 May 08

I have always used RegCure. You can find registry cleaner reviews and a detailed registry cleaner comparison here, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009