"refreshing" windows XP

pollpott 13:28 27 Nov 04

If I want to reinstall xp from the disk supplied with my dell machine will i be given the opportunity to keep drivers, broadband instllation etc. as i go through? I want to do this as a way to get rid of all unnecessary junk

mattyc_92 14:13 27 Nov 04

If you FORMAT your system, Windows WILL re-install most of your Hardware's drivers, but things like your "BroadBand Modem" you would have to re-install yourself using the disk that your internet provider gave you

Djohn 14:18 27 Nov 04

Your restore disk will take your system back to the exact configuration it was when first bought. Any drivers that were present then will be reinstalled but any new ones, updates or ISP settings will need to be installed again.

If you have your files backed up and a list of passwords etc, then it won't take long to reinstall your broadband connection and move your files back again.

Don't forget to export all your Favs./address book contents and any saved emails to a separate drive or CD so that you can import them back again after the install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…