Refreshing Pages in Browser Windows

thegreypanther 14:55 27 Feb 05

A friend of mine accesses the Internet using MS Explorer. However, he always seems to get old versions of web pages, and no matter how often I exhort him to use "Browser Refresh" or the Ctrl> f5> refresh function, he is admant that he can still only get old versions of web pages. Is there a setting on MS Explorer that could be altered to make sure that he only sees the latest version of a web page? Or is there anything else I can suggest he tweaks in order to be able to view "latest news"?

VoG II 14:56 27 Feb 05

Tools/Internet Options, General tab, Settings button.

Tick "Every visit to the page".

Gongoozler 15:06 27 Feb 05

In Internet Explorer, click on Tools - Internet Options. Under the "General" tab of the new box that opens, in the Temporary Internet files area, click on Settings. In the Settings box put a dot in the circle for Check for newer versions of stored pages "Every visit to the page". This is the most powerful setting, whereas the normal setting is "Automatically". If the computer is on broadband, it is also worth reducing the amount of disk space used for Temporary Internet files. I find that 1M is adequate. Even on dial-up 10M should be enough.

Gongoozler 15:07 27 Feb 05

VoG™, I type too many words - and so take too long ;-)

thegreypanther 16:39 27 Feb 05

Many thanks indeed for the tip. I shall pass it on and hope that my pal will be able to see the page he's MEANT to be seeing instead of nagging away at me because he can't see it!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…