refresh rate

audigy 19:39 17 May 06

hi
this concerns viewsonic vp2030bs refresh rate,viewsonic claims that vertical refresh rate
of 50-85 hz, horizontal 24-92,some users have claimed that the refresh rate cannot go up more than 60hzand its near impossible to raise it,can anyone shed anylight onthis to confirm if this is true or not???
thank you

woodchip 19:44 17 May 06

60h is correct rate

DieSse 21:03 17 May 06

The normal refresh rate for TFTs is 60HZ - however if Viewsonic say theirs can be used with higher rates, then why should we disbeleive them?

I checked the spec on their web site for the VP2030b (no VP2030bs shown) - and you're quite correct, it says 50 to 85HZ. click here

audigy 21:25 17 May 06

it says 50-85 hz,some users have complained that u cannot go beyond 60hz despite viewsonics claim that it can go more than this,i dont how true this is,as for manufacturers we all know their not entirly honest. read this click here
and this click here

DieSse 21:42 17 May 06

It may be that the maximum refresh rate drops as resolution is increased - that would be normal.

Maybe Viewsonic have got the specs wrong - who knows

Other than general interest, is there a specific reason you want to know?

If you are thinking of buying this monitor, you should try to see it first and draw your own conclusions about picture quality.

TFT monitors work in a different manner to CRTs, and in particular, high refresh rates are not very relevant, as the picture does not decay in between vertical scans, as a CRT does.

DieSse 21:44 17 May 06

It may also be that you need to load the Viewsonic .inf file ("driver") to get higher refresh rates to show up as available - WinXP usually hides rates it doesn't think are applicable to a particular monitor.

DieSse 21:45 17 May 06

AND - just to complete the picture - some graphics cards cannot supply high refresh rates at high resolutions - so it may be graphics card limited.

audigy 21:49 17 May 06

i do have interst in buying this monitor, it was something worried me,if it would have any implcations on running windows xp,applications games and movies.

DieSse 21:59 17 May 06

*it was something worried me,*

The secret of a happy life is not to worry about things beyond your control ;-))

*if it would have any implcations on running windows xp,applications games and movies*

I suspect it has no implications at all.

woodchip 22:14 17 May 06

<The secret of a happy life is not to worry about things beyond your control>

Too True

audigy 17:28 18 May 06

totally true
and thnx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…