Reformatting/Restore Help Please!

buckshee 22:24 05 Oct 06

Hi, My computer has been playing up and I want to reformat it for the first time. It is a Dell Dimension 9150 so it has dells restore facility.

I want to restore the computer to its factory settings and reformat everything from scratch.

I am not too computerate so would appreciate any help/links as to how I can do this, I have the dell windows xp cd's.

What course of action should I take should I use the restore(if so how would I do it) or just reformat it(if so how would I do this too).

Any help/links would be great as I was recommended this forum by my dad and it seems very good.

Regards

johnnyrocker 00:22 06 Oct 06

well it would help if you started by telling us a bit about computer type/spec and problems being encountered as a start point.

johnny.

ps regards to dad

woodchip 00:28 06 Oct 06

Put the Restore CD in the computer and boot with it

skidzy 06:58 06 Oct 06

If you do not have a restore cd:

On a Dell system you should have a restore facility on a hidden partition on the harddrive.

On startup tap F11 this should now give you 3 options.To goback to factory settings,select the full restore to factory settings.

Hope this helps.

buckshee 12:24 06 Oct 06

Hi
Thanks for the responses, details are:

The cd,s I have from dell are: Dell Resource Cd, Dell Dimension Resource CD, Dell Dimension Eurotools System Software(both cd,s)and Dell Reinstallation dvd for windows xp media centre edition. Which one would be the restore cd?

My spec is Dell dimension 9150 intel core duo pentium 4d 3.2 GHZ, phoenix bios(5/2006), 1024 ddr ram, windows xp media centre edition. 230 GIG harddrive. Nvidia geoforce 7300 le (512 mb). dell dxp051 motherboard.

I want to use dell restore as a last option. Thanks.

woodchip 14:06 06 Oct 06

Does the F11 work when you are booting your computer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…