Reformatting problems

Tessa348 14:14 16 Feb 07

I attempted to reformat a hardrive having backed up all the drivers for the motherboard etc. I used fdisk as I wanted partitions (something I have done many times previously with other pcs).
Having created partitions, on reboot volume labels had been stratngely allocated to D & E drives although I had not yet reformatted, which is when these usually get labelled. E Drive had been given *remote* label in lowercase (normally only uppercase works. I was prevented from formatting D or E as after the command prompt this was classed as 'invalid'. I am at a loss at to what to do next with this as I cannot seem to get over this incorrect volume label. Has anyone get any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:17 16 Feb 07

fdisk will not work with NTFS drives.

Boot with a XP CD delete all partitions, install XP, then use disk management to create/format the other partitions as you need them.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:18 16 Feb 07
  Tessa348 14:31 16 Feb 07

Thanks for this Fruit Bat. Not using NTFS but Fat 32. Currently not accepting the WinXP Disc as stating invalid or the WIN XP boot discs. I am going to go through the info link you have sent to glean more info - thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced