Reformatting laptop

manrow 10:36 03 Dec 07

I am about to reformat a laptop hard drive. Can anyone please point me at a checklist for me to follow to make sure I save all the drivers before I wipe the drive?

MAJ 10:47 03 Dec 07

XP, if that's what you're installing, will probably have most of the motherboard drivers, but have the Graphics and Sound Card drivers to hand. Didn't you get a driver disk with the laptop?

manrow 10:49 03 Dec 07

Thanks MAJ. No the laptop is second-hand so no drivers disc.

Where can I find the graphics and sound card drivers please?

MAJ 10:59 03 Dec 07

Download, install and run a scan with PC Wizard 2008 click here . It will tell you the name make and model of your Motherboard, graphics and sound chips and anything else in the laptop. Search on Google for drivers for those components and save them to disk. If you have any problems finding the correct drivers, let us know.

woodchip 11:00 03 Dec 07

Can I ask Why??? First

woodchip 11:03 03 Dec 07

PS if you Wipe the Drive you will need a full OEM OS disc to restore it Laptops need more than just Graphics and sound drivers. Your Best bet for these is go to the Manufacturers site fore all drivers for that Model

MAJ 11:20 03 Dec 07

Jeez, I must still be asleep this morning, of course, go to the manufacturer's website. Right, cup of coffee needed....................

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…