Reformatting HDD & Re-installing XP Part2

corc2 23:26 22 Apr 03

Further to my discussion click here , I followed the instructions and got as far as XP installing itself, installing drivers and network etc. It then got itself into re-boot loop where it kept re-booting after reaching the "set up is restarting" screen. I had changed the 1st boot device from CD Rom back to HDD. Will this have made any difference? We chose the repair option - would it be better to choose a fresh install. Any ideas?

woodchip 23:34 22 Apr 03

It needs to be CD rom as first boot device, and when it as loaded XP you have to remove the CD during reboot otherwise you will get into a loop

barrie_g 09:37 23 Apr 03

boot from cd leave cd drive as first boot device until windows is fully loaded and you are at the desktop, when it says press any key to boot from cd, do this just the once to start off the install process and then just let it run itself, just entering your data etc.

hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…