Reformatting hard drive problems

yahwob 09:24 04 Aug 04

Tried to reformat my hard drive last night and it didn't go to well. I've got a Mesh PC with XP and I used the recovery disc supplied with it. Backed my drivers etc up to a CD and was ready to go. The disc asked if I wanted a clean install so I said yes and it started setting up and after I had entered the windows reg key the pc restarted. On restart it continued and said it was setting up files and then it said it was starting windows but a minute later I got a blue screen with a message saying it had stopped starting windows to avoid damage to my PC.

It said I should disable all virus checkers, defrag programmes etc and I should also run chkdsk /f although when I tried to do that it said it couldn't find f although it did let me chkdsk /c with no problems.

The last line of the error message reads;

stop: ox00000024 (ox001901FD,ox823E110,oxc0000102,ox00000000)

Any ideas?

BurrWalnut 10:38 04 Aug 04

Before trying again, remove all unnecessary equipment that you may have overlooked, e.g. printer, scanner and any USB connections.

The chkdsk command is chkdsk c: /f The f fixes any errors it finds.

Good luck.

Mat2 10:43 04 Aug 04

The stop error code is related to the NTFS file system. Have a look here click here to see if this helps you.

Mat2 10:49 04 Aug 04

P.S. Also have a look here click here which lists all the stop messages for disk and file systems.

yahwob 08:59 05 Aug 04

Hi guys and thanks for your answers already, I found out that the problem was I was booting from the hard drive and not the xp disc!

So I've managed to reformat and load xp now, I saved all the video card drivers and that works fine but stupid as I am I fogot to save all the motherboard drivers!

So at the moment I'm downloading the file from Asus which aswell as audio,Gart and smBus also includes a file called Enet 2.81 (Whqled) Am I right in thinking this is the file for the Ethernet card driver?

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…