Reformatting Hard Drive In ME

Binoboy 19:18 03 Aug 03

Hi, can you tell me how to reformat a hard disc in Windows ME? The computer won't let me create a boot disc due to missing files so is it possible to reformat some other way? I've just had enough - too many problems with mysterious missing files and i want to start afresh.

Cheers,

graham√ 19:22 03 Aug 03

Do you have any floppies or CDs for ME?

Eastender 19:29 03 Aug 03

Download a boot disk from click here

Binoboy 19:31 03 Aug 03

Cheers Eastender, hopefully that will fix my problem and I have a CD for ME.

Binoboy 20:39 03 Aug 03

Ok the boot disc hasn't worked. I downloaded the file straight to a floppy disc and when I tried using it as a boot disc on my other computer it's not being recognised as a system disc.

Any suggestions on this or how else to reformat the hard drive?

woodchip 20:48 03 Aug 03

You need ot extract the file to the hard drive then put it back on the floppy disc. Or copy the file back to hard drive and double click on the file while you have a clean floppy in the drive

Binoboy 21:19 03 Aug 03

Cheers, I've only done this once before and that was a few months ago. Can someone remind me how to do it (reformat the hard drive) exactly!!??

Binoboy 21:34 03 Aug 03

Someone must know! :(

VoG II 21:37 03 Aug 03

Yes lots of people know. However, I'm stumped because you say that the boot disk won't work.

woodchip 22:12 03 Aug 03

Just start with boot disc at a:\> type format C:

Eastender 22:22 03 Aug 03

Assuming you now have a usable boot disk, have a look here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…