Reformatting hard drive

yahwob 12:38 26 Oct 04

Hi,

Just about to reformat my hard drive for the second time in three months! Think I've got everything I need, recovery disk, video drivers, motherboard drivers, etc. Stupid question to start with, I know I've got to change the settings so that it boots from the CD but I've forgotten how to do that!

Also as I'm doing a clean install do I have to download service pack 1 and 2, or just 2 ?

Many thanks

CurlyWhirly 12:45 26 Oct 04

Also as I'm doing a clean install do I have to download service pack 1 and 2, or just 2 ?

You only need to install SP2 as it contains SP1.
If you are still on dial-up then why don't you install SP2 from a PC magazine CD like the one that was on a recent issue of PC Advisor?

Eric10 12:49 26 Oct 04

Enter the BIOS by pressing a key during boot up. It's usually DEL or F2, there may be a message on screen telling you which key to press. In the BIOS there may be a section called BOOT or it may be under Advanced Settings. Change the order of devices here so that CDROM comes first.

yahwob 12:54 26 Oct 04

Thanks for the comments, I'm on broadband but it might be easier I guess to install SP2 from a disk.

I'm a bit of an Everquest junkie, anyone know if SP2 interferes with that at all?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…