Reformatted, Is NAV 2004 causing errors

PhiltheFragger 16:07 16 Nov 03

Just reformatted a 4 year old evesham P2 450
loaded win 98se etc with no problems, loaded all programs , internet, etc,Fine

Loaded NAV 2004 and bang the whole thing is suddenly very unstable,,

Any known issues I should be aware of or should I just ditch norton and go back to AVG

hugh-265156 17:25 16 Nov 03

when you say unstable...?

any errors?

type them into the "support documents" search box click here

Gongoozler 17:26 16 Nov 03

Hi PhiltheFragger, I haven't heard of NAV 2004 causing Windows 98se to become unstable. I have installed NAV 2002 and NAV 2003 on Windows 98se machines with no problems. It is possible that it is some other software that is not getting on well with NAV 2004. The trouble is that it could take a lot of effort to find where the icompatibility is. If you found that your installation was happy with AVG, then perhaps that is the best one for you to use.

powerless 17:39 16 Nov 03

Define unstable?

How much RAM?

PhiltheFragger 21:35 16 Nov 03

Errors including Illegal operations, freezes, slow machine. Has 256 mb pc100 RAM

hugh-265156 22:15 16 Nov 03

its hard to say PhiltheFragger

unless you can post an exact error message it will be difficult to diagnose the problem.

check all your fans are working,memory and expansion cards are correctly seated.

make sure windows is up to date,update all your drivers especially for motherboard/chipset and graphics card and patch any programs/games etc that you have.

try removing all programs and add them back one by one untill you start getting the errors again.

when you get an error write it down and post here or into the search box click here or if you think its norton,into the link i gave you above.

woodchip 22:39 16 Nov 03

As your Problem started by loading Norton AV you ether remove it or have to go through a check on what is loaded from the CD, That may be the cause of the problem. As what I have done with CD Programs when I have had probs I have found old IE and other stuff that I have removed after coping the CD to a Folder on my Drive, and before loading the program remove anything that is not needed to the program

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5