reformatt

centrelatch 19:10 08 Jan 05

Hi forum.. i want to formatt my pc but i read a article that when i do i will lose all the drivers, thats fine for the ones i have cds for , but what about things like my cd drive and my dvd drive which came with the pc and i dont no what their manufacturer is and my modem . ure help would b appreiciated

VoG II 19:13 08 Jan 05

Windows should auto detect those drives and apply its default drivers. No special drivers are generally necessary for CD and DVD drives.

kakasnarta 19:15 08 Jan 05

if you reformat your h/d you will lose everything your only option will be to re-install your op system....if you have a modern mobo the bios will load the basic drivers for your system cd rom dvd etc then you can search for later drivers if needed later.

sortof 19:18 08 Jan 05

For your modem, if you have no driver, you need to download the driver from the net and save it to a disk. You can find out what modem you have by double-clicking system icon in Control Panel and clicking on device manager then look in the list for modem and click the little plus sign once; the name of the modem will be displayed there in the sub-list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…