reformating from windows 98 second edition

summers13 08:51 15 Sep 04

I am having serious problems with my machine and wish to reformat from windows 98 second edition to windows XP professional and wondered if anyone had any tips. I have seen an article on the net concerning reformating but it asks me to download delpart.exe and one of the problems that I am having with the machine is no internet connection and cannot seem to download this programme via floppy as it is too big and I dont have a rewriter for CD and have not a clue how to use winzip to do so. I appreciate I make life difficult as a novice but would be grateful for any help.
Thanks in advance

VoG II 08:55 15 Sep 04

Does click here help?

Diodorus Siculus 08:55 15 Sep 04

click here for a good guide.

Teh program you mention seems to be useful if there is need to remove some partitions. fdisk will do the same for you click here for details. click here for a good boot disk.

Diodorus Siculus 09:19 15 Sep 04

As you are going with XP, you will have no need of fdisk; I should have read more carefully! VoG's link is pretty good :-}

summers13 17:59 11 Mar 05

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but the advice is really useful lets hope I dont make a balls of it eh! Thanks again for all the help
regards
summers13

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…