reformating my hard drive

can anyone help me , i want to reformat my hard drive and reinstal windows 98 but the only disk i have fr reformating came with the hard drive and its a floppy disk but my flppy is'nt workin ,so how can i reformat my hard drive ,is there another way,

lixdexik 16:50 25 Sep 03

You could use your win98 cd on their machine and make a win98 startup disc from there. Why have you not made one before this??

just a thought.

Cheers Lixdexik.

lixdexik 16:53 25 Sep 03

it would be a good idea to get a new drive.

Cheers again Lixedxik

holly polly 17:07 25 Sep 03

what make is the hdd,as you can usually download a utility from the hdd makers website ,which makes formating and reinstalling windows child play ,much much easier than fdisk ,the problem you've got is the broken floppy as formatting is usually done through dos {except if your using xp}-you really need a floppy ,not unless the hdd utility is executible fron disk -have fun hol pol ..
ps -supply the hdd make and i will be only to happy to have a look on their website for you -best regards hol pol...

smegs 17:23 25 Sep 03

Boot Ur pc into Dos, when at the C:\prompt, type in format c: /s. this will format the hard drive, but leave the system files on the pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…