REFORMATING THE HARD DRIVE WINDOWS 98

TOMSTEPHENSON1 07:03 17 Jul 04

I HAVE QUITE AN OLD PC WITH MY HARD DRIVE NEARLY FULL. I HAVE TRIED TO UNISTALL SOME OLD PROGRAMS BUT HAVE UNINSTALLED EXPLORER BY MISTAKE.
I WOULD LIKE TO REFORMAT THE HARD DRIVE WITH MY WINDOWS 98 CD AND START AGAIN. COULD ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE PROCEEDURE. MY PC CURRENTLY CANT GET BEYOND SAYING THAT I HAVE TO RELOAD WINDOWS.

harps1h 07:35 17 Jul 04

if you got a boot floopy disk with your system, put it in and it will start the process of reformating your hdd. if you didn't and asssuming you have a 98 disk, then change your bios so that your cdrom is the first boot drive and it should start a fresh startup there including reformating your disk.

if you need to read up on it iwould advise
click here

good luck and let us know how you went.

harps

Valvegrid 07:43 17 Jul 04

This site maybe of help as well

click here

And can you turn your caps lock off please, because its considered shouting and I don't think you intend that, thanks.

Paul.

Sans le Sou 10:04 17 Jul 04

Do a Google and download the "Ultimate Boot disk" this will prepare the disk for receiving your O/S without you doing it yourself. Make sure it is for your version of Windows as there are disks for other variants.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…