reformatin gone wrong

badboy 20:37 13 Feb 03

i restarted in ms dos mode to reformat as this was the only way my pc would read start up disk i went through the process of enable large disk support i typed y then i erased partition i then quit fdisk and rebooted with the start up disk in like i was instructed off the computer active mag now it is going through the usual stuff when you started the pc then it comes up with verifying dmi pool data disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter the problem i have is i have no system disk as i got pc second hand and never got any disks with it plz help

Djohn 20:46 13 Feb 03

badboy, How did you expect to put an O/S on your PC, if you do not have one? :o(

badboy 20:50 13 Feb 03

what do u mean a O/S lost me

tran1 20:50 13 Feb 03

Ouch!

If you did reformat your hard drive, then you would have wiped out your Windows operating system as well. You would now need to reinstall your OS, you would need either the original windows CD or recovery disks which should have come with your computer.

If you don't have the installation CD, then I think you will need to buy a new operating system.

I may be wrong! I hope someone can help you out!

tran1 20:53 13 Feb 03

OS means Operating System (Windows 98, XP etc)

Djohn 20:57 13 Feb 03

badboy, Sorry, I should have said *operating system*, win 95, 98, or xp.

As tran1 says, you will need to get hold of a system disk to replace your windows, before you can replace any other programs. J.

badboy 20:58 13 Feb 03

i have the original windows 98 se disk but when i put that in nothing happens

badboy 21:01 13 Feb 03

its ok im not to good wi this yet where could i get one from

tran1 21:04 13 Feb 03

I don't know much about installing Windows but I found this which should give you all the help you would need. Hope it helps!
click here

Djohn 21:07 13 Feb 03

Sorry I got cut off as I was replying to you,

You have the win 98disk, so there are no problems now, someone will talk you through a re-install. J.

Djohn 21:08 13 Feb 03

badboy, Do you know how to get into your BIOS, if not can you let us know the make of the PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…