reformated lost files want to recover help

geo man 00:13 04 Feb 03

Isent my laptop for repair after a bad crash but they had to reformat the hard drive it was partitioned as c and d I had some pictures on the d partion and want to know if anyone knowes if i can recover them

jazzypop 00:16 04 Feb 03

If they reformatted the whole drive (both partitions), you will have to invest a huge amount of time and money to stand any chance of recovering data anywhere on the drive.

If they only formatted Drive C:, installing Windows back to drive C: should be all that you need to do to gain access to drive D:

Which version of Windows was originally installed?

grove34 00:47 04 Feb 03

go to click here and search for "getdataback". its shareware so you will only be able to open the pics and copy them you wont be able to copy a whole folder without registering.

YOU WILL NEED 2 HARDDRIVES TO USE THIS as it cannot recover data from the drive its be installed to.

PIPPIE 19:40 05 Feb 03

Try this small programme I found it quite usful

For 9x/NT/2K/XP. Restore deleted files that are no longer in the Recycle Bin! When a file is deleted from your computer, its contents aren’t immediately destroyed. Its hard drive space is made available for use, but until that space is overwritten, your old data is usually intact. Restoration by Brian Kato <click here> recovers such files on either FAT or NTFS partitions. Only 406 KB (or 200 KB for XP or 2K), it fits easily on a floppy, or runs from your hard drive. Generally, the sooner you try to restore a file, the more successful you’ll be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…