//some 3rd party need geo

reformat from me to win 98 se

marineX 23:54 02 Aug 04

Can someone help me. I want to change back to win 98 se. I have Me and I dont like it. I am not prepared to go to xp yet. I have win 98 on other computers and I am very happy with it.
I would like to start with a fresh hard drive. so that is why I want to reformat, I think I have to anyway.
So can you tell me how. I have A win 98 startup disc. and I have win 98 se complet on disc.

johnsims 00:00 03 Aug 04

First - back up any data you want to keep.
Insert boot disk - reboot machine. (make sure bios is set to look for floppy drive first)
at A: prompt type X: (where X is the letter of the RAM disk created by the boot disk) and hit return
At X:\ prompt type format C:

When format is finished, insert 98 CD and type Y:\setup (where Y is the letter of your cd drive)

Thats it. Brand new 98SE here you come.

Have to say I totally agree with you re ME. Out it on my second PC a couple of years ago to try. It lasted all of 15 mintes before I reformatted!

johnsims 00:02 03 Aug 04

Didn't "out it" on my second PC, In fact I "PUT IT" on! - for all of 15 minutes. Must type slower and more accurately!

johnsims 00:04 03 Aug 04

You will of course then have to reinstall your motherboard and all other hardware drivers afterwards.

Strawballs 00:12 03 Aug 04

that last prompt is one not to forget, a nieghbour of mine did just that then came over and I then had to take a copy of nividea deternator drivers because he knew he had a TNT card then installed sisoft sandra to get all the other info I needed to get him back up and running properly except his modem which I had to take out and examine to find make and model then I had a downloading session on the net then burnt them to disc for him.

Strawballs 00:15 03 Aug 04

Not sure if it will pay you to Fdisk before formatting if you are going from 1 OS to a different 1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…