reformat & mbs billing

Rhodie 20:29 26 Aug 07

I've read all the suggestions to remove the mbs billing but what about if you just re format the computer - wouldn't that stop the thing as once the computer is re-formated the the control which mbs say was downloaded will no longer be on your computer - just a thought

VoG II 20:36 26 Aug 07

Reformatting should get rid of it but have you tried click here

Rhodie 20:47 26 Aug 07

it's on my friends computer and they have tried the removal given by format users and it did go away for a time but now back on their computer. if they pay and the software is now corrupted on their computer from trying to remove, I assume the download from mbs to remove wouldn't work?That's why I've suggest they re format but I'm concerned that mbs could still download the bill again once reformatted as they use the isp to download the bill

rdave13 21:10 26 Aug 07

From what I've read of the hundreds of posts about this MBS then whether you use VoG™'s link or reformat then you'll be free of MBS.
According to the notorious MBS you need to give permission for them to download software on your PC before you get the debilitating pop ups.
If you decide on a reformat remember to backup your bookmarks,favourites, photos etc.

Rhodie 21:21 26 Aug 07

problem - how do they re format their computer - no xp disk supplied with the computer?
also, their antivirus - have the 2006 antivirus disk then upgraded 12 months later with download so would they have to re purchase antivirus software?

Strawballs 21:40 26 Aug 07

They should have an option to format and clean install from hidden partion on hard drive and all they will have to do about AV is re-download and they will have your email address on record and will not need to repay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…