Reformat - Im stuck at a point please help!!

Ade_1 18:58 19 Oct 05

Hi, i am currently reformatting my old comptuer i am up to the point where it has a partitoned space and it says to delete that partition press D,this is the C: drive, does that mean all the files? Help would be greatly apriciated because i have the ocmputer running right now doing it thanks!

Ade_1 19:01 19 Oct 05

i want to delete all the files on it, if i delete that partion does it mean that i can create a new one which will have the same space as that one?

Diodorus Siculus 19:03 19 Oct 05

Formatting will lose everything on the PC; it is not necessary to delete the partition unless you want to change the partition setup of the PC.

Diodorus Siculus 19:03 19 Oct 05

You don't need to delete the partition...

Ade_1 19:03 19 Oct 05

so it says to install windwos xp on that partiiton which is already on so will i still have my files? i do not want them i just want a fresh start...

Ade_1 19:05 19 Oct 05

how do i go about it*

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:07 19 Oct 05

do not delete the partion just format it, yo will be asked wether to format as FAT32 or NTFS, NTFS is the better choice for XP.

Once formatted setup will then continue to install XP, make sure you have your 25 digit code ready.

Rayuk 19:07 19 Oct 05

Delete the partition then if you want to reload windows you can then recreate the partition.All the files etc will be lost when you delete the partition

Ade_1 19:08 19 Oct 05

so i just press enter to install on that current partition?

Ade_1 19:10 19 Oct 05

which already has windows xp on it

Ade_1 19:14 19 Oct 05

Its ok, i have told it to format we will wait and see what happens :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…