ReFormat Hard Drive in XP Pro

alcudia 15:21 15 May 03

I would be grateful if anyone could point me to where I could obtain full instructions for reformatting and reinstalling windows XP pro with a NTFS partition.
I have done this once before, about a year ago, and cannot remember fully how it works. I know you have to delete and reinstate the partition, but would like to know the full procedure and what "questions" I am likely to be asked.
Many thanks

AndySD 15:31 15 May 03
  TechMad 15:48 15 May 03

Do you have Windows installed on it already?

You should be able to boot from the WinXP pro CD. Check your BIOS settings so that the boot sequence reads something like "CDROM,C,A". If you have more than one CD drive, you need the CD in the "Master" drive.

The Setup should give you the chance to format the disk in the NTFS format. This will be where the system asks you about where you want XP pro to be installed.

Djohn 15:56 15 May 03

and you will be asked to "press any key to boot from CD". Do this the first time only!

Your PC will re-boot at least two times while installing, and the same message will appear on screen, but this time, do not press any key, let it continue to install itself from the hard drive.

If you do press "Any key" you will find yourself in an endless loop of install. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…