reformat hard drive on xp computer

deejayone 19:03 31 Aug 05

I have given my daughter my old "tiny"pc - I have all of the software disks for programs which are installed on it but I want to reformat the hard drive but did not have a recovery disk or xp disk given to me by "Tiny computers" - can this be done or do we have to purchase a new windows xp disk???
thanks

Dave

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:51 31 Aug 05

Tiny store XP on hidden partition of the drive and charge £60 quid for the backup program to recall it.

If you format the drive this will be gone forever with no chance of recovery. Little chance of buying the recovery disk now Tiny have gone into admin.

options

1. See if you can borrow a tiny restore disk from someone, this will restore to factory original.

2. Format the drive, borrow a full XP disk from someone BUT use your product KEY on the sticker on your PC when you install.

3. Buy a full XP CD with lisence

Strawballs 21:19 31 Aug 05

click here don't know if these will help click here

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 04:26 01 Sep 05

do you not have the option at the boot screen I know some old tiny pc`s have this option to take then back to the factory setting or possibly if its tiny what model is it as also there may be the option in start>all programs your pc makers tools I have that option in the pc upstars its a tiny one

kspatto 08:54 01 Sep 05

try ebay there are time reload cds for sale or complete operating systems

click here

patto

kspatto 09:29 01 Sep 05

you can buy a oem copy from a recognised store (ebuyer)for £57.42

click here

patto

kspatto 09:29 01 Sep 05

you can buy a oem copy from a recognised store (ebuyer)for £57.42

click here

patto

deejayone 16:52 01 Sep 05

Thank you to every one that responded to my enquiry - I will try them and get back to you

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…