Reformat hard drive

gmpy 16:03 31 Dec 03

Where do i find a step by step instructions to clean every thing from an old computer, and reload windows 98se
old thicky!!

VoG II 16:10 31 Dec 03
  VoG II 16:11 31 Dec 03

and click here?

Sheila-214876 17:05 31 Dec 03

What is the "old computer" what size hard drive is it?

Before you start this you need to make sure that you have all the driver disks and programme disks, eg. modem drivers, graphics drivers, printer drivers etc. and any programmes you have installed.

Go to click here and download the bootdisk for win98se. Make sure your computer starts from the floppy disk (in the BIOS) and reboot with the bootdisk in. When you get to the A: prompt type in fdisk and press enter. Delete all partitions and then repartition your disk. Reboot your computer with the bootdisk in and this time when you get to the A: prompt type in format c: and press enter. When the format has finished reboot again with the bootdisk in and start with CD support. Now put the Win98SE CD in the CD drive, when you get to the A: prompt type in D: and press enter (or whatever the bootdisk said what the CD drive was). When you get the D: prompt type in setup and press enter. Follow the prompts from there.

Any problems email me and I will talk you through.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…