Reformat computer and now graphics are terrible.

Mossy17 13:59 13 Jun 09

I'm no computer expert, so I'll try explain things best I can and hopefully someone can help me.
I'm using a Sony Vaio FS415S notebook and have recently reinstalled Windows XP Home due to it not booting up properly. I also fitted a new 160gb hard drive. Everything works fine and I can use the computer. However, the graphics are terrible and scrolling through webpages is jittery. The laptop comes with the Geforce Go 6400 with TurboCache, but my computer does not seem to recognise this so is consequently running on just the bog standard graphics. I cannot change this in display properties because there is nothing to switch too. Just says Display (default monitor) on.

I have downloaded several drivers from the Nvidia website, but keep on getting the error "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Can anybody help me sort out this problem? Thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:02 13 Jun 09

Read click here

I am Spartacus 14:11 13 Jun 09

You may need to install the chipset drivers and the Sony graphics driver. Laptop graphics drivers are sometimes bespoke to the manufacturer.

rdave13 14:23 13 Jun 09

Have a look here; click here

rdave13 14:24 13 Jun 09

Try this link; click here

Mossy17 14:33 13 Jun 09

Fruit Bat, thanks for that link, the 77.43 original drivers worked a treat! And cheers for the Sony driver rdave13, can get my laptop back to how it was now. Problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017