reformat cd writer

pat2068 20:29 06 Mar 03

i tried to use new software for burning cd's but every time i tried i got errors i have went back to an updated version of my old software but i an told that i have to format my cdrw dtive is this correct and if i do could you tell me how to do it

Terrahawk 20:34 06 Mar 03

i suspect it actually aking you to format the cd
you cant actually format the unit itself

powerless 20:34 06 Mar 03

What burning sotware are you using?

What operating system?

What tpye of files are you trying to copy and could you describe how you are doing it?

pat2068 00:00 07 Mar 03

windows xp nero express audio files to play on hifi using the wizard it burns to just about the end then read error my conp is hp it came with hp recors now i removed that for nero do i have to do anything else to get nero to work properly

pat2068 00:01 07 Mar 03

windows xp nero express audio files to play on hifi using the wizard it burns to just about the end then read error my conp is hp it came with hp recors now i removed that for nero do i have to do anything else to get nero to work properly

woodchip 00:04 07 Mar 03

Use InCD that's part of NERO put a clean CDR or CDRW disc in computer then choose format within InCD, if there is a little CD icon in the taskBar right click it and choose format

powerless 00:10 07 Mar 03

It might because of XP's writing ability. You may have to disbale it...

Go to > My Computer > Right click you CD-RW Drive > Properties > Recording > Remove the tick from "Enable CD recoring on this drive" > Click "ok"

Also update Nero to the latest version (it's free) at click here

Also run disc defragmenter > My Computer > Right click your "C" Drive > Properties > Tools > Disc defragmenter...

Clear the temp files Go to > Start > RUN > Type: TEMP > click "OK"...send the files to recycle bin, but no not delete. If you have any problems restore those files.

When you are recodring the dic there will be a burn speed reduce the burn speed. So if you burning a t 48x go to 24x.

powerless 00:14 07 Mar 03

When you are recodring the disc there will be a burn speed reduce the burn speed. So if you burning at 48x go to 24x.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…