reformat

carnoustiejim 09:00 05 Mar 10

hi im about to reformat and was wondering what files and folders i can put on another drive so as to keep c drive as clear as possible ie my documents, programs etc thanks kirriejim

sunnystaines 09:26 05 Mar 10

you can copy all your personalfiles over to another partition eg office docs,music,pictures etc, even you favourites folder.

make sure you copy over drivers or load them on to a disc and account for each driver, note down isp & email details too

gengiscant 09:31 05 Mar 10

As I have a small solid state drive as my boot drive(C) almost everything else goes on the 1TB drive. My docs,music,video,pictures and games have all been moved to the bigger drive which means I am using only 34.7GB of my boot drive for o/s and programs, which is only 64GB big and I have 138GB of personal stuff on the 1TB drive.

chub_tor 10:01 05 Mar 10

If you use the Files and settings Transfer Wizard click here you can save all your important stuff onto an external drive, flash drive, or CD and then transfer them back again once the format is over. This can be back to your C Drive or onto a new partition. As far as I know F.A.S.T. does not transfer drivers.

carnoustiejim 10:42 05 Mar 10

thanks to all for info kirriejim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…