Reformat?

ivy lynn-251214 19:02 12 Dec 03

Can anyone advise me on a problem I have just run into?

My family use POGO every day with no problem, but this week when trying to use it we are unable to play any games.I get the message "you appear to have been disconected from the internet",then I cannot get back onto the internet at all,until the PC has been turned off for a couple of hours.

I rang Telewest (Blueyonder broadband),after 4/5 telephone calls they sent an engineer out but he said it was a problem with POGO, I emailed them and they said just keep trying as it was not a problem with the site.

The engineer left my house saying... refomat your PC......
OK if you can do this but I don't have a clue.
If I need to reformat is it an easy thing to do? and do you think this would solve the problem.

I run win ME, and have 80% free space

spikeychris 19:08 12 Dec 03

Reformat for POGO?? Is this POGO click here ?

Have you tried system restore?

hugh-265156 19:08 12 Dec 03

the pogo EA site has been acting up for me lately too.very slow and tells me nevery now and then that i dont have enough memory(i have 512ddr)only this past week though.

pogos fault.

Rhuddlan 19:08 12 Dec 03

Firstly, what's the make of your PC and you should have a disk, floppy or CD, with a recovery program or system restore on it, dependinig the manufacture of your PC.

ivy lynn-251214 19:40 12 Dec 03

PC was custom build from NOVATECH,so it has no make as such. I do have the disk, and floppy but no info with them.
I have not tried system restore, how do I do that?
Yes spikeychris that is POGO...............

spikeychris 19:47 12 Dec 03

Start/progs/acces/systemtools/system restore. Select a date when all was well and ME will take you back to that good date.

hugh-265156 19:52 12 Dec 03

are any other websites giving you problems etna?

as i said above am having problems myself with this site lately.

ivy lynn-251214 20:55 12 Dec 03

No huggy just POGO......i have had minor problems in the past but nothing like this.
As i said it puts my PC out of action for a few hours..
Im going to try system restore ......fingers crossed

ivy lynn-251214 16:11 13 Dec 03

As i need Java to run these games I was looking at Internet options>Advanced and it says Java console enabled (requires restart) could this be the problem, If so how do I do this?

I did a system restore but made no difference

spikeychris 16:57 13 Dec 03

Jave enabled is just part of M$ VM that wont be the problem.

From start go to run and type command, when the black box appears type this > ping 127.0.0.1 what happens?

If you get four packets sent 100% successful then do this..

ping pcadvisor but put www. infront of it (cant type it as it would turn into a link)...what happens?

ivy lynn-251214 17:30 13 Dec 03

Hi spikey

Did as you said,got 4 packets

When i typed click here pcadvisor..got "bad command or file name"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…