Refilling new style EPSON carts

jack 14:53 05 Oct 04

As an avid EPSON cartridge zapper and refiller
I am now on the verge of trying to 'do' the new style T series for the R200/300/RX500
It looks as if Epson are making great efforts to keep us zappers and fillers out with this new design, with double wall top and strange bungs in the base.
One ink supplier on its web site suggested that there was no prectical way to do it. Although whether that was meant the get us to buy 'compats' or they had tried and failed is anyones guess.

So if any of you have done it successfully
tell us the secret.

Pesala 16:18 05 Oct 04

Not worth the hassle, Jack. Jettec compatibles from click here are half the price of the same cartridges from my usual suppliers. They are pigmented inks - £7 ex VAT for colour from my supplier, £3.34 including VAT from these people. No idea why the price difference is so much. Originals are about £11 + VAT.

jack 16:50 05 Oct 04

Pesala
thanx for that. I notice you mention 'pigment' inks. like most consumer inkjest the R200/300
has 'dye' inks whereas the R800 has pigmented inks.
Pigment inks are more i the 'Pro' range of printers are supposed to be more durable but the colour gamut is less
However I what i have yet to find out is
Are printers ink specific?

spuds 17:33 05 Oct 04

According to this site click here the RX500 uses the T048 cartridge which can be refilled.

jack 18:36 05 Oct 04

Thanx to Spuds
All the gen to hand good old PCA done it again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…