Refilling Laser Toner Cartridges

Gary 12:51 07 Jun 04

I'm looking at refilling laser toner cartridges. Suppliers of bottled toner to refill cartridges with suggest that after two refills the cartridge needs to be replaced. I can't understand why this is the case. AFAIK the cartridge is just a case to hold the toner and doesn't actually do anything so isn't likely to wear out to need replacement. Am I wrong? Why would it need replacement?

jon2 14:49 07 Jun 04

I think you will find its the waste bin that gets full and makes the cartridge unusable there is firms out there that do all of this sort of stuff as I have looked at them myself, a lot depends on the printer.

Belatucadrus 14:51 07 Jun 04

Many laser cartridges incorporate the drum unit and they have a finite lifetime, quoted lifecycles seem to vary between two and five fills.

Gary 14:52 07 Jun 04

I'm looking for compatibles for a Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300 DeskLaser printer which has a separate waste toner collection bin so whilst in some cases your explanation makes sense, I don't think it applies in this case. I can't think of any reason why the toner cartridge can't be continuously refilled.

Gary 14:53 07 Jun 04

The imaging drum is also separate -- hence my thinking that the cartridge was just a container of toner and nothing else.

jon2 15:00 07 Jun 04

try this site click here

jon2 15:09 07 Jun 04

that click here do's not work try this "refilltoner.co.uk with the w's of course

jon2 15:12 07 Jun 04

sorry about that its click here

spuds 15:44 07 Jun 04

Ask Cartridge World for a quote. They replace all the major items, and return the toner cartridge in 'as new' condition.

Tried filling a Canon E30 toner cartridge once, made a right mess of things.

jakimo 21:39 07 Jun 04

click here
I get mine from here!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…