Refilling ink carts

Daiol 11:38 25 May 08

About refilling ink carts,Iv'e doing so now for a long time small problems in the begining but now fine.But just one little item been using sticky tape to cover the refilling hole also tried blue tak and various tapes.has anyone got any other ideas please i would be very grateful for any improvements on tape and bluetak.Thanks.

MAT ALAN 11:47 25 May 08

Buy some compat ink carts that you can remove the fill plug from without breaking the seal,take plug out of cart you are filling, put sealed plug in cart...

Daiol 19:14 25 May 08

thanks for reply,i could follow your idea,but still open to any other options.thanks.

cocteau48 20:26 25 May 08

Have a look here
click here
you can download the PDF manual (halfway down the page) - loads of info in it.
I have found that once you have either drilled a hole or broken the seal in the cartridge everything is OK so long as you use the printer regularly. Leave it for a few days,especially in hot weather,and it does dry out very quickly. I have yet to discover a really effective seal to stop this.

bobbybluenose 20:40 25 May 08

try a hot glue gun that you can purchase cheap ,after refill simply plug hole with glue,when glue going off smooth over with a knife,and when you want to refill again simply flick glue out with a needle.

€dstowe 07:01 26 May 08

You get a better seal with the "stretchy" type electrical insulation tape than with ordinary Sellotape or Scotch tapes.

Ensure you stretch the tape over the hole, don't just stick it on as you would with the other type.

jack 08:13 26 May 08

Is what I have used in the past and works very well

Daiol 08:39 26 May 08

Thankyou all for your ideas i will certanly look into all options offered next time i will be on the refill mission.Thanks very much once again.

kjrider 09:21 26 May 08

I got fed up with refilling the carts. I only managed it 2 or 3 times before I had to buy replacements. I looked round one day, and saw I had 12 old carts. Made me think about the cost, so I got a Laser printer. Works fine, much cheaper and I can still refill the toner carts.

KJR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…