Refilling ink cartridges

MartynHoll 22:23 11 Mar 04

I have just used a (black) refill kit for the first time and all went well (HP PS 2110). I have tested the printing and this is also fine. When I look at the HP toolbox, the ink levels window still shows the black ink cartridge as 'empty'. Does this matter? Can it be reset?

woodchip 22:28 11 Mar 04

not really if it works, but I used to refill but I would not now, as it's too messy. Instead I go click here

Fayboy Slim 22:35 11 Mar 04

You can buy a gadget called zap it which is used for certain chipped Epson ink cartridges to reset the ink levels visit click here they may sell them for your printer,it may be worth while emailing them and asking if they sell a similar thing for your printer.

woodchip 22:38 11 Mar 04

Do not think HP as chipped cart

LastChip 22:44 11 Mar 04

But have you looked in the support software, as usually there is a section for replacing cartridges. You tell it it's new and it resets the indicator.

deadneat 22:53 11 Mar 04

You can remove that warning. I have mine (HP) filled and used to get they were still empty. You will know when the ink runs out!

pat2068 23:19 11 Mar 04

click here if you look at this website it will tell you how to fix it
leo

spuds 23:23 11 Mar 04
  MartynHoll 09:42 12 Mar 04

All,

Thanks for the advice.

Leo,

I will try the reset instructions using the tape and see how I get on.

MartynHoll 09:47 12 Mar 04

Leo

I have just realised that the cartridge numbers shown on the reset site do not include mine (56 & 57), but I will still check to see if it works!

Gongoozler 11:43 12 Mar 04

This site includes 56 and 57 cartridges click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…